Tuesday, March 31, 2015

4 Weeks!

Jeff and I can hardly believe how quickly time seems to be flying by.  It's really already been 4 weeks since we brought Raegan home. While life has changed quite a bit, we are still doing all of the same things we were doing before we brought her home.  

Sevrine is doing well at track and has her first track meet on the 18th.  I haven't brought Raegan to the track yet, but mostly because Dad likes to have some time with her, and he doesn't love hanging out at the track.  This gives Sevrine and I time together doing something that she loves though, or at least loves most of the time.

Raegan had her 2 week check-up this last week and has gained back the weight she lost plus 1 extra pound.  She is a half an inch longer as well.  It's fun to watch the little changes.

We got to have more pictures taken of her, which turned out so amazing.

I really can't wait to see the rest of the pictures!  One of the cool things about the military is the people you meet.  Christina, the amazing photographer, worked with and is friends with Jeff (and I). We really should have set this up sooner, because she has done some seriously amazing photos for us.

I've been really lucky to be able to get back to some sort of fitness routine over the last few weeks.  Jeff has no problem watching the kiddo so I can get out and get a run/workout in.  On Saturday, I skipped my run because we were setting up and cleaning up from Sevrine's Birthday party so I convinced Sevrine to come out and do my Week 2 Day 3 of Couch to 5K with me.  We probably should have waited until a little later in the day when it would have been cooler, but we got it done.  

Sevrine has also been wanting to help more with the baby.  She likes to snuggle with her as long as she's not to squirmy, and she's even asked to change diapers.  I managed to get a picture of my two cuties, both smiling.

Raegan had gotten a little bit off her schedule for a few days, thinking she was nocturnal, which was a little bit rough on Jeff and I, but she seems to be getting back into her normal pattern. We think she's going through another growth spurt as well since it seems like she's back to wanting to eat constantly.

I've been really lucky so far; Raegan is turning out to be a really happy baby, just like Sevrine was.  Neither of them (at least so far) were/are very fussy and were/are just generally happy babies.

Raegan doesn't sleep with music like Sevrine did/does, but she does like to be swaddled and/or have her fleece blanket right next to her cheek.  That will be really good until I have to try and swaddle her in her fleecie in July.

We also had another big visit for Raegan.  We got to see my parents on a layover at the San Antonio Airport.  I need to get a copy of the picture of Grandma with Raegan, but I'll post the one of Grandpa that I do have.

And yes, that is Ric Pugmire actually feeding a baby. :)

It's been a fun and eventful 4 weeks so far, and we can't wait to see what the coming weeks bring us.




1 comment:

  1. love, love, love reading these notes. thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete